Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Season Of Thanksgiving

Again this year we made it through the holiday without many pictures.  We started the holiday season by having another Yardley/Bevan Thanksgiving dinner at Courtney's house.  It is a lot of fun to get together with everybody.  We don't do it too often but when we do there are always a lot of laughs, great food, and great conversations.
This year for Thanksgiving we spent the holiday in Circleville.  I love that little town.  It holds so many great memories.  We got to Circleville a couple of days before Thanksgiving, thanks USU for letting us out early.  Travis took advantage of the extra time to go fishing with Dan, while the women folk stayed and got things prepared for the big feast.  I forget all the preparation for the big day.  I hate that about cooking sometimes, don't get me wrong I love cooking, I just hate how long it takes to prepare sometimes and then it is over in and hour at the most.
Thursday Mom and I went running to burn some extra calories, hahaha, before the big feast.  This year I was allowed to cook in the kitchen with the adults. This is always funny to me because I still feel like a little kid when I go to Grandmas, like I am too little to do anything but hello I cook all the time for my family.  Anyways, cooking was well........quite the experience.  It is hard to not cook like I am used to and make things like I am used to them and instead make them how Grandma makes them.  I could use more cooking lessons from Grandma and my mom for sure.  Thanksgiving dinner was good and was complimented by amazing pie afterwards, well a while afterwards.  In my family we usually wait an hour or two to have pie so we actually enjoy the pie.
Friday Travis helped around the farm in the morning.  In the afternoon we collected some sage brush seed.  We decided when it was too windy to get the seed in our buckets we should probably go back to the house and see how Grandma was fairing with the little man.  It is a good thing Sawyer loves his Great-Grandparents.  He was pretty good for them.  We decided to go for a ride to put him to sleep, we ended up putting Grandma to sleep too. Vanessa came up in the evening to join in the fun.  That evening we played Pit.  I love that game but apparently I am just too good at it.  My opponents, I won't mention names, were not very excited I was winning and refused to trade with me.  It was quite the lively game to say the least.  I think we woke up half the block.
Saturday was a full day of seed picking.  Travis and I were very pungent but in a good way.  I love the way sage smells.  Sawyer got to spend time with his Aunt and Grandma again.  Grandma has some kind of magic because she just told Sawyer it is time to go to sleep and cuddled him and he went right to sleep.  I wish I could do that.
Sunday was a sad day, we had to come back home.  It was nice to sleep in our own beds again but we sure did miss everybody when we left.  Until next time.

No comments: