Sunday, April 8, 2012

Change is the only Constant

I always thought I would be so ecstatic when Travis graduated with his Masters degree, it meant our life was finally going to move forward.  We were going to be grown-ups with new goals and responsibilities- how exciting right?  We could finally settle down in a little (I mean BIG) house with a white picket fence and raise our family- the American dream.   I have always been jealous of all of our friends that have moved on before us and sad that we were being left behind. Now that the time is getting near I don't know if I am ready for this change.  It is coming sooner than I would like but I am glad none the less.  It is about time we start this new and hopefully exciting part of our life, with all that said the big change is WE ARE MOVING TO RICHFIELD, UT in May after graduation.  Travis accepted a job offer from Jones and DeMille Engineering.  I never really thought we would end up in Richfield but  that is where we are headed so they better be ready for us down there.  We don't have a place to live yet, I have to switch doctors in the last 6 weeks of my pregnancy, I have to choose what hospital to deliver at -Richfield or Gunnison, I have to leave my neighbors, leave all my stores and shops,I have to pack a house up pregnant again,  needless to say I have been a little stressed (I blame it on the hormones) On the bright side though we will be a lot closer to family. I am sure we will figure everything out but it is just nerve racking.

3 comments:

Danielle said...

Congratulations!! I bet you guys will love Richfield, and love being done with school. But yeah, it sucks to pack up and move anyway, let alone when you're preggo.

Michelle said...

That's very exciting! All of that change towards the end of your pregnancy will definitely be overwhelming. You can do it! :)

Cluff Chronicles said...

I think it is a Yardley thing. I hate change too, but I have found change is what has brought me the greatest joys in life. Good luck I will be thinking about you. It is never fun having change being pregnant.