Saturday, March 2, 2013

Kids

Our kids are growing like crazy, doesn't every parent say that?  It is amazing how fast these little ones change so quickly, you forget as you get older that at one time you changed and grew quite rapidly.  Now days the only growing I do is out and not up like the kids, which is not what anybody wants to do.  Here are some much needed stories and updates of the kids.  
During hunting season when Travis was cuting up my deer Sawyer just had to be part of the action.  He decided that he needed to cut his playdough to be just like daddy.  For a while afterwards even he kept asking to cut the deer. 

Sawyer learned some Christmas songs this year.  He really liked Jingle Bells.  He could and now can still be heard singing "Jingle, Jingle, Jingle Bells".  When you ask him to sing 9 times out of 10 he starts singing this. One time in church during the holidays we were all singing a song.  Travis and I could hear "Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells".  We looked over and it was our little Sawyer.  His song was nothing close to what we were singing but he was doing a very good job singing along in his own tune. 

Sawyer loves horses, no surprise if you have ever met the kid.  He loves to go to Poppa's and ride horses.  One day I came in and Sawyer was trying to get Jaylee on all 4's so he could ride her. I asked him what he was doing and he said, "I ride sister?!"

Sawyer's new saying is "Are you kidding me?"  Travis hit Sawyer playfully and he turned to Travis without missing a beat "Are you kidding me Dad?"

Jaylee started teething at 5 months with her two front bottom teeth.  I was not prepared for this.  It was a little rough at first with nursing but she eventually got  the hint that if you bite no more food. She now has 7 teeth and she will be 8 months on March 7.  Her bottom 2 teeth came in and then two top teeth came in but they aren't her front teeth they are off to the side.  She is a our little vampire baby.  

Jaylee has been sitting up by herself since she was about 6 months old.  She rolls all over the floor. I am a little worried that she won't crawl because she gets where she needs to be by rolling.  She always rolls into the most awkward places.  I found her behind our fireplace one day.  I seriously left the room for two minutes to change laundry and she was in the middle of the room.  I heard her squawk and I then I heard Sawyer over comforting her "Don't cry baby." I came in and she was behind the fireplace.  Don't worry we don't use the fireplace at all- EVER!!! 

I know I am a bit of a clean freak.  I need stuff put away and cleaned, if it isn't I get a little testy- Just ask Travis.  I am rubbing off on Sawyer.  I spilt some cocoa powder on the counter when making some hot chocolate.  The next thing I know is Sawyer had gotten the broom out of the pantry and had it up on the counter trying to clean up my mess.  He is such a good little helper. 


For Valentine's Day Travis brought me home some flowers and the kids some balloons.  I could see when he pulled up in the driveway so I told Sawyer to go answer the door.  He opened the door and was so excited and shocked by the gifts he exclaimed "Merry Christmas"

We were at the library getting our weekly books, if you ask Sawyer we were at the "Raspberry", and he likes to pick out books and sit on the couches while I pick the books we get to take home.  He brought a book over to me that was about dragons.  I asked him if he wanted to get it.  He swiftly put it back and told me "No, it is dangerous Mom".

I got Travis a harmonica.  We all love to play it.  Sawyer loves anything that makes a lot of noise which makes Jaylee happy too.  We asked Sawyer what he was playing,  he said a Har Moc a da.  He is pretty sure that is how you say it too.

This pictures is exactly what I would have been doing at this age, thumb in the mouth with my silky corner from my blanket.  

I not to big momma see.  


Rolling everywhere makes it hard to change this little ones diaper. 


Such a great helper putting up the Christmas tree.  He was so proud of his decorating.  I loved how it was all in one spot.  

This boy is so observant.  I was taking my toenail polish off one day and I got interrupted.  I heard Sawyer go in the bathroom and he was really quiet for awhile.  When I opened the door this is what I found.     

We started solids with this little one.  She is really hard to feed because she wants to eat what we are eating but hasn't quite figured out that she needs to chew and then swallow.  She gags herself a lot.  She doesn't like baby food that much her tongue also gets in the way.  It is so long she doesn't quite know how to work it.  Most food ends up on her bib but we try.  



Here is proof of the bottom two teeth. 

One day I was nursing the baby.  I knew Sawyer was in the kitchen which is one of his favorite places to play these days.  He loves to play in the sink and push his stool around to see everything on the counter.  He had been quiet for a minute so I went to see what he was up to.  Turns out he found the cake.  He decided to eat all the frosting parts off the cake.  When asked what he was doing, "I eating cake mom",  like duh!



We were all eating ice cream cones so we decided she would have a cone herself sans ice cream.  She ate every last bit that didn't fall on her shirt or the floor.  

What I see you use it, why can't I?

I like Rice!




These two just love each other so much.  They melt my heart when they play and interact. 






3 comments:

Danielle said...

Your kids are too cute!

Michelle said...

Jaylee is just beautiful! Those Sawyer stories made me laugh out loud. What adorable kids you have! Thank you for sharing!

Angela said...

I'm glad I found your blog! Your kids are seriously the cutest.