Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Bullion Falls

This summer we have "big" plans to go hiking more with the kids.  We had one backpack and accidentally got another one on ebay.  Apparently, we won the bid.  We weren't too disappointed though because the backpack is awesome.  Sawyer thinks it is the best thing since "talking cereal", Rice Krispies.  
We took the kids and packs for a practice run for a Sunday afternoon walk around the block and decided for Family Home Evening, we would hike up to Bullion Falls.  Now I know Jaylee only weighs like 16 lbs but that 16 lbs gets heavy after awhile so I was worried that Travis was going to have to be waiting for us the whole hike.  I timed the hike just right because on the Saturday before the hike Travis took the Scouts on their 20 mile hike so his legs were super tired and sore.  I may or may not have totally kicked his trash on the hike up to the falls that were forever away.  The sign said a mile but I swear it was more than that.  We actually saw two signs and they both said a mile even though they were at very different locations.  
Sawyer and Jaylee loved the ride up to the falls.  We got a big surprise when we got there.  The mountain goats were down by the falls. I have never seen them this low on the mountain but hey it was just May and there was still snow at the falls.  We had a great little family outing completed by having a picnic in the back of the car because it was freezing. 












No comments: