Saturday, September 3, 2011

Time Marches On

Monday marked the first official day of Travis starting his Masters Degree in Engineering.  We are in the home stretch people, I can officially see an end in sight (Is anybody else jumping for joy with me?) which is awesome but sad at the same time.   I have really enjoyed our time here in Logan.  This town is like a small town but with everything you need.  We have an awesome University to bring us a little culture, we have just about any store you would possibly ever need- except Target which is a little disappointing- but we have 2 Wal-Marts to make up for it.  We have tons of restaurants, and bowling alleys, movie theaters, running trails, a temple, the list goes on an on and on.  I am really going to miss the town when and if we have to move.
Well, on to the point of this blog post.  Monday Travis called me and told me he needed me to bring him a check.  I thought okay but how do you suppose I get it to you since you have the car.  He said judging by the time I had probably not gone running and I should walk to campus instead.  If anybody has been to my house you know that campus is just a small little dot you can see from my house.  It seemed miles and miles away but I have always wanted to walk there to see how long it would take me.
I loaded Sawyer in the jogging stroller, grabbed some water, and headed up to campus.  It took us about an hour.  I don't really know how far it is for sure but I do know it is farther than 4.5 miles.  When I got to campus, for the first time, I felt so out of place.  I was dressed in my workout clothes, while everybody around me was dressed in their "first day of school outfits".  I was pushing a stroller, and I realized I am OLD.  Well, not really just a lot older than all those college freshmen.  I have been in the college mode for so long and always thought of myself as around college age, but I quickly realized I am not such a young 'um anymore.  I can not believe that the incoming freshmen were born in like 1992 or 1993. Crazy, I was already in elementary school.
Travis met us for lunch at the TSC. We had a great time and indulged in some good food. Sawyer enjoyed showing off for all those who would watch him.  Luckily, Travis let us take the car home so we didn't have to walk again, not that it would have been bad going home, it would have been all downhill.  I hope we don't take this year last year in Logan for granted and live it to the fullest.

3 comments:

Sam, Tom, and Nate said...

That makes me sad! Don't go too far! I need you close :)

Cluff Chronicles said...

You make me laugh! Do you realize I graduated from high school in 1992, and I still feel young! Sometimes I feel like I am playing pretend house with my five kids because I don't really feel old enough, especially to have a high schooler!

The Martin's said...

It is so funny to see the incoming freshman, they look like babies to me. I totally still feel 18 ha ha.