Time sure has been flying lately. Last week was full of a lot of fun experiences. On Wednesday we had my cousin Lori Anne and her family over for dinner. We decided to do dutch oven instead of try to go out with three little ones. I am sure that Lori's girls are angels but my little guy is a little bit of a hand full sometimes. It was fun visiting and eating. Sorry no pictures.
Friday night was had a date with our friends the Hollands, Tom and Sam. We were going to go to the mountains and have a little cookout but decided it would be better to just cook at home. Just because we didn't have a fire does not mean we couldn't enjoy the same food we were going to have though. We made tin foil dinners and for dessert, S'mores treats. It was fun talking and laughing with old friends. We probably kept them out way too late, the same with Lori Anne and her family.
| The boys were sitting on the toy just fine but ask for a picture and Sawyer got a little distraught. |
Saturday was completely devoted to football for Travis. Well almost. I got up and went running on an amazing trail here in Logan. After I returned home though Travis informed me that last year a girl was attacked on this trail. The girl got away but I was completely shocked that something like that would happen here in Logan. We showered up (well I showered up, I didn't want to fumigate everybody) and headed to Travis' cousins for the USU v. Auburn game and the BYU v. Ole Miss game. We were pretty upset about the Aggies loss. It was a great game though. BYU game, not so exciting until the last quarter.
Monday we decided to have a little adventure and headed over to the Minnetonka Cave by Bear Lake. We didn't really know what we were getting ourselves into. Travis had gone fishing that morning so he asked if I could drive over. I agreed but after driving about ten minutes in the canyon wish I didn't. It is not that I don't like driving but there were so many people and they kept coming into my lane on the turns. Hello people, I don't have anywhere besides this river on my side of me to go there isn't much a shoulder. We made it in one piece though. Although Travis informed me he thought I was driving too fast. Silly Travis he was just dreaming we were racing. When we arrived at the cave we could not get into a tour for an hour and a half. We were starving so we headed down to Montpelier for some grub. We got to see some beautiful country on the drive and a near miss of a lady who was taking a picture of the tabernacle in Paris, ID and decided she didn't need to watch for traffic. We got back to the caves with a little time to spare. We put on some warm clothes, the cave is 40 degrees. For a Cache Valley person, I thought "eh 40 degrees that isn't too cold" , I was horribly mistaken. My toes were freezing, and my flimsy jacket was not very warm. The cave was pretty fun to walk through. It had huge rooms and a lot of stairs. Sawyer enjoyed it once he got out of his carrier. He was really excited about all the rocks. He kept wanting to hold the rocks and well of course eat them.
Travis drove us safely home. We decided to take advantage of our favorite snow cone shack before it closes for the season. What a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment