Life has been very hectic and crazy lately. We recently moved to Monroe. It has been a bit of an adjustment but we are slowly settling in. Unpacking and finding new places to put everything is rough especially when you are 9 months pregnant and you can't lift anything or climb on anything. Things are getting done though. Before we moved in we were in limbo again with our housing situation. Travis had to start work on May 21, our housing in Monroe would not be available until at least June 15, or so we were told. Since we only have one car and Logan is far from Monroe we decided I probably shouldn't stay up there by myself with Sawyer. Therefore, we decided it would probably work better if we stayed at my mom's house in Ephraim and Travis commuted to work. We packed as much as we could before Travis started work. It was pretty crazy to say the least at our house the last few days in Logan.
While we were at my mom's we hardly rested at all. I was "dragged" all over Southern Utah. We visited my sister for a few days, which was fun to have Sawyer play with his cousins. We went to my grandparents for Memorial Day weekend for the annual cattle round up and branding. I fortunately got out of it this year due to the bundle of joy I am carrying around with me, the wind was awful. I got to stay home and watch these two cuties. Sawyer kept saying "Baby Hanna" and giving her kisses on the forehead. I hope he likes his baby sister like he likes Hanna.
The year Sawyer was born I got out of branding and cattle too because, well I was in labor. It wasn't Sawyer's birthday this year on the weekend but we still celebrated his birthday with everybody. If you know anything about Sawyer he is obsessed with FISH. I decided to make a fish cake and my trusty helper, Travis helped me design and decorate the cake. I think we did a pretty good job if I do say so myself.
Sawyer was more excited about blowing his candles out than the fact his cake was a fish. We, Travis and I, were a little disappointed that his face didn't light up when he saw the fish. He also really liked the Swedish fish around the cake.
Sawyer got a little spoiled for his birthday, but look at that face, how can you not want to spoil him? He got this cup- his "fishy cup", which has water in and floating fish. It was pretty funny because he could not figure out how their was water in the cup but not really in the cup. He kept trying to dump it out and stick his hand in the water. It was hilarious.
Sawyer had fun playing with his cousins. They are all at least 2 years older than him so sometimes he feels a little left out because they all run around outside together and climb on hay bales and all kinds of stuff that I am just a little nervous about Sawyer doing. On Sunday, we left Sam and Sawyer down in the family room with sleeping grandpa while I got ready. Well the next thing I know Sawyer is being escorted by Sam and Spencer dripping wet in his church clothes. You gotta love mischief little boys get into.
Sunday evening Travis headed back to Logan with Krista to pack up more of the house because we got word we could move into our place in Monroe on the first weekend of June. I wanted to go back up and help pack and clean but all the driving would not be good for this swollen pregnant lady.
Everybody eventually left except Mom, Sawyer and me. We stayed so I could go to my doctors appointment in Richfield the next day and not have to backtrack. It was nice to rest after everybody had left. Grandma, my mom and I settled into a night of watching Downton Abbey: Season 2. I have already watched it but the rest of the group hadn't. They kept trying to get the secrets out of me of what would happen next. I am such a sucker for British Television, just going back to my roots I guess.
Tuesday we headed to Richfield for my doctors appointment. I was really worried I wouldn't be able to find a doctor I liked down here on such a short notice but I think I found a good doctor to deliver the baby, she is actually a midwife. She is really thorough and NO I am not having the baby at home I am having her in the hospital, I need my drugs and there are just too many things that can go wrong. I am such a wuss when it comes to pain, just ask Travis. We met Travis for lunch which was nice since we didn't see he very often after the whole ordeal of moving and traveling and commuting. We headed back to Ephraim to my moms for the next few days. We had candles for Sawyer again at my mom's. He didn't care what they were in he just wanted to blow out the candles.
Friday, Travis, Krista, my Mom, and I headed back up to Logan to finish moving and cleaning. I had such mixed emotions about leaving. Logan has been our home for the past 6 years. I loved the area- and who wouldn't. I loved our little "Pleasantville" neighborhood and Ward. I am really going to miss them and the town. Logan is a bigger city for Utah but it still has a small town feel. The town had everything I wanted in a town- stores, a University for culture, a mall, an amazing hospital, Aggie Ice Cream, lots of outdoor activities - i.e. races, a farmer's market. The list could go on. I am sure I will love the new area we are moving but it is okay to miss Logan right now, right? We got everything cleaned and packed and headed down to Monroe. Now the fun of unpacking begins. I will post pictures later of our new place.
1 comment:
That is a lot of activity for one pregnant lady. You are amazing! I hope everything continues going well. :)
Post a Comment