Thursday, August 30, 2012

Monroe Mountain

Well we decided to test our new purchase in the mountains.  We went up on a Friday night to explore the mountains and cook tin foil dinners.  I am not going to lie the road up the mountain had my palms and feet sweating the whole time.  I don't know why I was so nervous because Travis is a good driver, maybe it was the steep drop off on the side of the road, or the narrow road that had blind curves.  We made it to a great little meadow to have our little fire.  It was fun.  Sawyer was in heaven, so many sticks he could hardly contain himself oh and DIRT.  He loves dirt.  

Baby J wasn't as excited to be in the mountains.  It just tired her out. 

NOT A MORNING PERSON, unless there are doughnuts


I love how he is tangled in the line. 



Saturday we headed back up the mountain a bit further to go fishing.  It was still nerve racking driving up the canyon but once on top I couldn't believe how beautiful everything was.  I can't wait until the fall colors are on.  We caught three fish while we were at the Reservoir.  I caught 2.  Yep, I could totally survive in the wilderness, well as long as Travis comes to take my fish off the hook for me.  We ate lunch and headed back down the mountain to do the saturday chores we neglected to go fishing.  I am such a slave driver.  
We went to some friends later to have a hot dog roast at their house.   I miss having a fire pit in our back yard.  We used to cook over it all the time.  We had fun and Sawyer loved playing with friends.  


Excuse the bow right in her eyes.  

No comments: