Thursday, September 20, 2012

Bless This Child

This Labor Day weekend we decided would be a good time to bless our little one.  At first it was a good idea but who plans a stressful event on a holiday weekend?  Honestly, what was I thinking?  Okay   I will quit my belly aching because it actually wasn't that bad.  On Saturday we met Krista over at Cove Fort.  We really wanted to go to Cove Fort Days, which a great festival where they show you what pioneer life was like, earlier in August but Travis' had a family reunion so we missed it.  It was fun to walk around the Fort.  They don't have all the activities that they would have on Cove Fort Days but we enjoyed it.  Sawyer got a little distracted but he enjoyed running around on the grass inside. When we got back we started the food preparation for the dinner on Sunday.  I have never feed a lot of people by myself so I was a little nervous.  It was a good thing my mom came over to help.  She is amazing at planning dinner for people, must have been all the practice with the Yardley family Fast Sunday dinner.  We wanted to do a Polynesian themed dinner with Kalua Pork, Mac Salad, green salad, rolls and watermelon.  We got everything prepared that we could and still had time to go play tennis, or "ten-son" in the words of Sawyer.  Oh which I am happy to say I beat Travis in a couple of sets or matches I never know for sure what they are called.  Not bad though for a woman 8 weeks postpartum. 


Eye Mom- yes Sawyer that is her eye DON"T TOUCH IT, I swear I have to tell him that all the time. 
Travis gave a wonderful blessing.  We were excited to see all those that were able to come, and we missed all those who couldn't make it.  It was a difficult weekend for many people to come because of traveling, vacationing, and sickness but it turned out okay.  After the dinner we got everything cleaned up and Sawyer and Travis headed up the mountain to camp with Tammy and her family.  I went with my mom down to my Grandparents to be with my sisters and family, because there was no way I was camping with a 8 week old in Monsoon season.    It was fun to be with everyone.  Jaylee loved all the extra attention she was getting without her big brother around to have to share the attention.  


1 comment:

Callie said...

Oh she is so adorable! You guys sure make cute babies!