Way back in the summer Travis bought tickets to the USU v. Texas game that happened to be the first weekend of Nov. I thought he was nuts thinking we would take our two kids to a football game in Cache Valley in Nov. Last year on that weekend it snowed, I know this because I ran the First Dam Run and I froze my tail end off. This year the weather has been crazy so we decided to brave the 60 degree weather and go to the game. We were just making a fast trip because we really should have been putting our house in order but the Aggie's have been so great this year we didn't want to miss the opportunity to see them play again.
We drove up on Friday after work and made a brief stop at the new Scheel's Store. I was all excited to ride the Feris Wheel but Sawyer wasn't tall enough and I didn't want to ride alone. Bummer, maybe in a few months. We grabbed some dinner and made our way to Travis' cousins Kiffen's. He is a great host, always willing to do whatever we need. We stayed up pretty late that night catching up with Kiffen and Krista stopped by.
Saturday morning we headed to Kneader's to get their All-You-Can-Eat French Toast. Krista came with us to share in the goodness. I don't know why they have all-you-can-eat because after the first plate you are so full there isn't much room for another plate. I miss Kneader's, who I am kidding, I miss Logan. We had to go get ready for the game after breakfast because we needed to get some good seats and I still had errands to run since we were in the "big" city.
I dropped the guys off at the game and I did a little shopping for a craft I want to do. I miss Hobby Lobby. I love that store so many great ideas and great projects. Jaylee came with me and we ran into an old friend from Beaver, Steph Brown.
Jaylee and I were a little late to the game because she demanded food. Ya gotta do what the baby tells ya right? Travis got us some great seats next to his cousin's Kyle, Charelle, Rachelle, and Toby. It was so warm that day we hardly needed jackets. I took Sawyer to go get a treat to calm his restlessness and hunger and where do you think he ran to first, the Snow Cone Place. I think he was the only kid that was eating a snow cone. It was warm but it wasn't summer for heaven sakes. He had his mind made up though.
During the game Sawyer entertained us by trying to make friends with a boy sitting across the aisle from us. He went and sat by the boy but the boy looked at him like he was a crazy person. The boy moved and Sawyer tried to follow him. Poor Sawyer all he wanted was a friend. We were also entertained by people going up and down the steps. Right by us one of the steps was slightly higher than the other stairs. I think about 90% of the people going up the stairs tripped on it. Fortunately, nobody fell. USU you need to do something about that.
After the game we ran into a bunch of people from our Ward up there. It was fun to catch up even if it wasn't for very long. We were supposed to go meet up with our old neighbors after the game but Travis' aunt and uncle were in town and were leaving that night so we had to go see them for a bit. We haven't seen this Neil and JoDene for a long time so it was good to catch up. We missed seeing the Rowley's though, I was pretty bummed, so was Sawyer he wanted to see Brayden.
We met up with Krista again to go to Aggie Ice Cream. What is a visit to Cache Valley without it? We even bought a stand of Caramel Cashew, my favorite. I was really excited about that at the time but now my pants and I are not very happy about that decision.
On Sunday we woke up and headed back home. We were going to leave on Saturday night but we were both so exhausted that I know I wouldn't even make it out of the valley before I was asleep. We wanted to go to our new ward since everybody was so excited we moved into it. We had a great weekend even if it wasn't very long.



No comments:
Post a Comment