Monday, December 17, 2012

Pumpkins Demise

Since it was after Thanksgiving we decided we should finally get rid of our rapidly decaying pumpkins that were still decorating our porch.  We couldn't just get rid of the pumpkins in the garbage can , NOPE, we had to have a little target practice. We loaded everything up and headed to the hills.  I was a little worried because the pumpkins were really old and sometimes they seem to melt from the inside out and spew nastiness all over.  
We set the pumpkins at lots of different distances and took fire.  Travis took the shotgun to one that I threw up for him. He is pretty talented because I threw it awful but he still hit it.  I took aim at my first one and hit it right in the middle- Dead Eye, that is what they call me. Sawyer wanted in on the action so Travis helped him shoot a pumpkin too.  Travis had me shoot one with a 3in double buck shot.  He told me it would kick but ....... DANG I was not expecting that.  I almost dropped the gun.  It was a fun night out with the family though. 







1 comment:

Callie said...

We used to do this every year with Zack's family! We call it punkin splodin. We haven't done it for a few years though.