The Piute County Fair starts out the same for us pretty much every year, well every year that I am not pregnant or just had a baby, we run the annual 5k. The 5K started out as the Brayden Blackwell Memorial Scholarship race and since Brayden was a big part of our lives we all like to try to run the race. This year there were not many of us who could run the race but those who were able to went out with a bang! Miss Krista won the whole race, I guess hiking on fires is a great way to cross train. Jordan ran really well too. I came in 3rd for the females and PR'ed on the course. I was pretty happy with myself. I scoped out the bathroom situation before the race started just in case I had to stop like I have in years past- that is another story for another time though. The race had some amazing prizes this year and a great raffle. It was very well done. After the adult race there is a kids race. The little kids just have to run a 200 M dash. Sawyer ran this year to get his own medal. He keeps telling me he wants to do a marathon like I do to get medals like mine but we think he should probably start a little smaller. Sawyer wanted me to run the 200M with him. He took about 5 steps and turfed it. We still crossed the finish line though and got his medal. He was really excited.
The parade is after the races. We took home tons of candy. I was super excited. Sawyer was a little shy at first but once he got the hang of it he got a little competitive. Jaylee even got in on the action. The park with the games and blow up slides would have been a lot of fun if my kids were a little older. We played a few games but had to wait in line forever which really made Sawyer antsy which in turn made for one hot and bothered mommy. We played our games and got our prizes though.
In the afternoon we took naps and recuperated. We played with the new toys we got at the park. Travis hitched the kite up to the fishing pole to make it easier to us for the little ones. We started flying at Grandma's but the power lines kept getting in the way so we headed up to the elementary school. We got the kite really flying high there. It almost lifted Jaylee off the ground. We sure do love our engineer for a dad.
After the kids went to bed we indulged in our favorite activity of the the fair the dance with a live band. I think the band has been coming for the last ten years or so. It is so much fun, a little crazy with a lot of people who may or may not be violating the Word of Wisdom but it makes for some good times. Krista got cornered by some silly guy whom we then had to avoid the rest of the evening. Travis and I tried to do our country swinging but eventually there were too many people. It is fun to dance though. We had lots of laughs and lots of fun.
These two on a Sunday afternoon lounging at Grandmas. I am glad they like each other now and I hope they continue to want to be close as they grow up. ..... We can all hope right.
| Someone gave me an ice cream cone, now who wants a kiss? Daddy??? |
No comments:
Post a Comment