Travis and I were fixin to go to Piute for the County Fair, which is quite possibly the coolest county fair I have ever been to, and we thought why not go have a good old fashioned "weinie roast" on the mountain. We invited my grandparents to join in the festivities of the evening. I love the Beaver (Tushar) Mountains. They are so beautiful and peaceful. We used to spend a lot of time on them growing up. My dad loved taking us on "wild goose chases" my mom called them.
We found an excellent spot that Travis and I actually constructed during out days with the Forest Service. We set up camp and ate our dinner. After dinner Travis and Grandpa wanted to try their hand at a little fishing. Grandma and I cleaned up camp and met the boys down by the lake. I got a little restless so I decided to hike around the lake with Miss Jaylee. She is a great companion, always good for a laugh, listens to everything I have to say, and doesn't say too much. She did get a little tired on the ride and fell asleep. I guess she got tired of me talking.
It was a great evening. We didn't catch any fish though. During my travels around the lake nobody had had much luck with the fish though. We packed up and headed home to get ready for the Fair the next day.
No comments:
Post a Comment