Monday, March 24, 2014

Hunting Season.....

This year THE DEER hunt landed on my dear sweet Grandma's birthday. It happens this way every few years and it also happened to be her 80th birthday so we needed to do something extra special. We decided to through Grandma a party with her friends on Saturday in The Gathering Place at Uncle Todd's. In preparation for the party we had to prepare all the food.  I was assigned to make my "famous" tortellini soup, this was all fine and dandy until I remembered that I needed to feed the deer hunters staying at my house as well.  I really need to invest in bigger pots.  I had to make two pots of soup which was not bad at all but one pot had one kind of sausage and one had another so each pot turned out a little different, when mixed though it was amazing. 
We headed down to my grandma's the night before and left the hunters to get ready for the BIG hunt the next day.  We were just in the way and distracting from the game plan. It was nice to get down there and get things together though so Saturday wasn't so crazy.  
On Saturday I was put in charge of decorations. Lovely, I was thinking some nice pretty fall foliage would look great but when driving around town I soon realized there was none to be had.  We improvised and I believe what we came up with looked great. Krista helped with the decorating after she got back from her long, long run.  Silly girl.  When I went home to finally get myself ready as I was walking in, my mom was finishing loading the food to the car, she took one look at me and said "I am going to take the food over, and maybe Laraine you can do something with yourself, " all while looking me up and down. This may not be funny to anybody else but it completely cracked me up. I was still in my workout clothes and my hair was in angles that are not normal, just funny for me, I get it. 
The party was a lot of fun and the soups were a hit because it was pretty cold. While we were at the party we finally got the text that the big hunters Travis and Julie got some deer.  Thank the good Lord. They got some really big bucks so their efforts really paid off.  Sawyer and the other boys were highly impressed with their kills. Back to the party, I think Grandma really enjoyed her party.  It was fun to visit with the ladies and have just a ladies day.  After this party I wondered why in the world we don't do this every year. 





 We had another party on Sunday with the whole family. It was fun to have 2 parties and lots of cake and food.  It was also fun to hear the whole story of Travis' and Julie's deer hunting stories.  They had a great time and were successful on the first morning.  Nothing is better on opening morning.  
Here is to more successful deer hunting morning and more ladies parties while the men are hunting. 





No comments: