Oh the perils of hunting season. I told ya'll about the awful trip of hiking down into an abyss of scrub oak to set up the trail cameras to see if there are many deer in Travis' secret location. Well then the problem is retrieving them to see if we got anything on the cameras. This time we wised up a little and the kids and I just hiked with Travis to the top of the ridge, AKA the edge of the abyss. Travis went down into the bowl by himself and left me and the kids with the gun because.......we saw bear scat on the hike up. That was definitely not there the last time we hiked up. I may have had a little freak out. I know bears are in the mountains but I like to keep my distance.
While Travis was retrieving the cameras the kids and I hiked along the ridgeline. It was awesome. It was so pretty up there and Sawyer was loving being a mountain goat. We watched as Travis hiked to the three cameras. As he was hiking up he was mad, so upset because some other hunter turned his cameras and broke one so he wouldn't be able to see the deer. He was fit to be tied. Well as it turned out, it wasn't another hiker at all. Nope, it was a bear. It thought the cameras were a great back rub and then apparently he couldn't stand the smell of humans so he had to rub some dirt on it. Travis was freaked when he found this out and he didn't have gun with him. Apparently, we need to invest in more hand guns.
We had planned to have a hot dog roast on our way out of the mountains, because lets face it, that is the only way a hot dog tastes good. Some of Travis' friends joined us. They were actually up there too scouting for deer. We had a great little adventure and hopefully we never meet that bear.
| Hello Mr. Bear |
| Bear scat AKA bear poop |
No comments:
Post a Comment