This Christmas we were so spoiled. We went down to my grandparents for the holiday. I love going to my grandparents. Their home is my second "home". They always make us feel so welcome. It is also really fun to go there because my uncle lives right up the road so my cousins come and visit often, which means lots of late nights and laughing. While at my grandparents we decided to go to Richfield and have a little day out. We ended up going to the movies. I was a little worried because we had Sawyer and lets face it what 7 month old can sit and be quiet for a couple of hours. He did so good though. He ate and then fell asleep on his dad. Travis has a knack for putting him to sleep. We ended up seeing "True Grit". It was really fun to go especially
Christmas eve night I had the worst headache of my entire life. It is too bad nobody told Sawyer. He decided he needed to get up twice that night. I guess he was so excited for Santa to come. Travis is so good to me though. He got up with Sawyer the second time at 5:00 AM and let me sleep. Travis was so excited to open presents but we had to wait for Vanessa to come back from Beaver so we had to eat breakfast before we could open the gifts. I know it was killing Travis. When we finally got to see what was under the tree Santa decided to spoil us. He left me a sewing machine.
I was so excited. I thought he forgot but Santa
came through for me. I am so excited to be crafty. My mom spent and afternoon teaching me how to use the machine, she used to be a Home Economics Teacher. My mom spoiled me this year and got me a peacoat. I was so excited. She got my sisters coats last year but since I was pregnant she didn't want to get me one that wouldn't fit right. My sisters got us a deep freeze for Christmas too. Travis got a new tennis racquet. I have no idea how he was able to shake the
box and figure that out but he did, that is why I never put his presents out until the night before. Sawyer got lots of toys and clothes, thank goodness because he is moving sizes. He wasn't too interested in opening presents though. Maybe next year.
We had a delicious lunch over at my Uncle Todd's house. Prime rib, funeral potatoes, rolls, homemade root beer, I love family dinners. After dinner we headed up to the hills to go shooting a Smith Family Tradition. No family party would be complete without guns.
We were able to talk to Krista on the phone. She is in Bolivia on a mission. The phone kept cutting in and out but it was good to hear her voice. I hope it didn't make her too homesick. It was so much fun to spend Christmas with family. I love the Holidays.
No comments:
Post a Comment