Sunday, October 28, 2012

Growing, Growing........

The kids sure are growing and changing.  When Jaylee was first born I remember thinking how much Sawyer has changed and seemed to have grown in just a few short weeks since she arrived.  He was such a "little guy" who needed my help for everything before the baby.  I was happy to give him my full attention but once Jaylee was here he had to start to do more for himself.  I am happy he has become a little more independent but at the same time a little sad.  I miss my little boy, but you have to let you kids grow up I guess.  
Recently, he has decided he doesn't like going to bed very much.  I think he knows that Travis and I stay up and watch movies, eat treats, and all kinds of fun stuff.  He can open doors now too so some nights we find him standing by the doorway of the front room just standing there watching the movie or watching us.  Afraid to say anything but wanting to be part of the fun. He has learned too, to not shut his door at these times because it is loud and we will know he is out of bed.  Smart little stinker.  
The other day he was sitting by the bookshelf.  I asked him what he was doing and he told me Jesus watching.  I don't know if he meant the picture of Jesus that is not too far away or what.  It made me chuckle a little though.  
Another afternoon we were outside sitting on the porch. I saw a lot of weeds in the flower box/garden area so I thought I will pick them.  Sawyer had found a plastic spoon and was digging in the area.  I was squatting down picking weeds when all the sudden I felt something cold and wet go down my pants.  Apparently, Sawyer thought I needed some dirt down my plumbers crack, goodness I hope I didn't have plumbers crack. I asked him what he thought he was going and he just kept repeating "dirt Mama, dirt". Thanks son. 

Nap, sleep Mama

Kiss Her Night
Jaylee has been growing a lot lately.  I don't remember time going so quickly when we had Sawyer but we have been so busy with hunting and fishing, and life in general that time just slips away from me.  She has started rolling and moving all over the place if you leave her on a blanket.  She likes to laugh.  In fact, last weekend when we were down at my grandparents for the deer hunt she was laying on the floor looking at her Aunt Nessa and just started laughing.  I love baby laughs.  She is starting to get pretty good head control too.  Everybody we meet comments on her hair, most days it is pretty wild but I try to tame it when we go in public. 
One night Travis was packing to go on a fishing trip so he was in the garage, I left Jaylee on the floor to kick and get some wiggles out while I went to talk to him for a minute.  When I came back in Jaylee had rolled over on her stomach up against the couch and she wasn't moving.  I freaked out, not because I thought why isn't she moving.  I hurried over to her and picked her up.  She got upset because I woke her up.  Yep she was sleeping.  She had carpet imprints on her little chubby cheek.  She is going through a little phase, well heaven help us I hope it is a phase, where she isn't sleeping very good at night.  I think it is because we keep going places and staying the night.  She needs more consistency I guess.  She used to sleep like 6 to 7 hrs from week 8 now we are lucky to get a stretch of 2 to 3 hrs.  Little stinker.  It is hard to get mad at such a little cutie though.  Jaylee is also discovering her voice.  I love it when baby's start to make lots of noises.  She squeals and squawks and jabbers.  Apparently, she has a lot to say.  I guess we will keep her even if her erratic sleep patterns are driving us all bonkers.  


I am a mover and a shaker

Cheeser



1 comment:

Callie said...

They are too cute! Love the funny stories! We went through the coming-out-of-her-room phase with Berkley too. I ended up putting one of those child proof door knobs on. It sounds mean but it worked. Now I only have to threaten the doorknob and she stays in.