Travis' Aunt and Uncle had their LDS Mission farewell the last weekend of September. They got called to the Boston Temple Mission, so cool. We headed over the mountain to spend the weekend and visit with family. We started by heading out west to pick pine nuts. I love pine nuts! They were everywhere out there. It was addicting to start picking them. I had a hard time not picking them all up and moving from tree to tree. Travis' cousin came with us and helped entertain Sawyer which was nice. Although, he didn't stop him from eating juniper berries and pine nuts with their shells. You live you learn right. We collected quite a few nuts but sadly we have already eaten them all and it has only been two weeks.
We headed back into town and the kids took much needed naps. Sawyer was exhausted. After the pine nuts were cleaned and the bad ones separated out we were able to watch the Aggie Football game.
That night was the worst night sleep for my kids for a long time. Jaylee got up at 3 AM. While I was feeding her, I heard a little, tired "Mamma". Yep Sawyer got out of bed, that never happens. I had to go lay down with him to get him to sleep. Next thing I know, Travis was waking me up because he couldn't find me and was worried. We all settled back down and then Jaylee got up again at 6 AM, are you kidding me? I guess we can't have good sleepers all the time. Jaylee just likes playing games with us. She was a super good sleeper now she is NOT!!!
Sunday was the farewell and luncheon. Jaylee was not her quiet self in church which meant I got to spend some time walking the halls with her. Silly child. The luncheon was crowded but it was good to see everybody.
On our way back to our house we stopped to return some toys that Sawyer took from my sisters. We stopped by the farm and saw Heidi and Carolyn. It was fun to see them. It has been ages since 1. I have been to the family farm, and 2. since I have seen my cousins. We also had some more time to burn so we stopped by my Aunt Phyllis' to visit.
| Tired little cowboy |
1 comment:
Sawyer is the cutest little cowboy! Love the bottom pic! Pine nut hunting looks fun! Loved doing that with you Cuz! Miss you guys
Post a Comment