Sunday, September 29, 2013

Fishlake

Travis decided we needed a trip to Fishlake to experience the phenomenal fishing up there. We rented a boat because apparently you have to get out past the algae to catch the really big ones, and trust me there were some HUGE ones. The water is so clear though it was fun to watch them swim.  If only they would have ate our bait.  We did catch some great perch, which are really good to eat so I won't complain.  
My parents met us up there to partake of the fishing.  We were told we could only have 5 in the boat and with Jaylee we made 6- really the baby counts as a whole person?  So my mom volunteered to stay ashore with me.  We walked along the lake shore trail down to the old Fishlake Lodge.  I had Jaylee in the backpack.  She didn't think the hike was very interesting so she snoozed while we walked.  We met the men back at the dock and headed over to the famous Bowery Haven for some delicious lunch.   After lunch my parents took the kids for a ride to let them take a nap while Travis and I went back out to see if we could land the big ones.  The weather started to get pretty windy and our small boat was struggling so we headed back to the dock, right before the rains came. It was a great day! I love the weekend adventures Travis takes us on.  




 Travis cleaned the fish for Sunday dinner for us.  The perch, like I said, are great for eating.  We had a great day fishing even though we got rained out in the afternoon.  Fine by me, it was stinking hot before the rains came in.

 I was pretty tired after eating and hiking with Jaylee on my back. Also, I caught a fish on the way back in.  It ripped the pole out of my hand.  Good thing I have cat like reflexes, hahaha. We reeled a nice trout in.  

No comments: