Friday, March 23, 2012

Bringing A Smile To My Face

Sawyer does some of the cutest/funniest things I just wanted to document them so I don't forget so I can have some blackmail at birthday parties, weddings, Prom dates, etc.

A few months ago I was painting my toenails when Sawyer was actually awake.  (That never happens, can you imagine an open bottle of paint out for a toddler to grab?)  He was pretty distracted and it was a dire necessity that I painted my toenails right then.  He decided he needed his toes painted too though.  I tried to tell him only moms paint their toe nails but he wouldn't have it.  I grabbed a paint that was not too conspicuous, glitter that isn't soo glittery, so Travis didn't have a come apart that his son had painted toes.  I painted his big toes and the toe right next to it.  He thought it was amazing.  He blew on them and then kept pointing to them and wanting his socks off so he could see them.  Several times after he has come to me with toe nail polish to paint his toes.  What have I started?  I usually try to distract him with something else.

Sawyer on morning was eating his banana while I was unloading the dishwasher.  He got done and ran around for a bit.  The next thing I know, he has the cereal box by the dishwasher trying to eat cereal out  of the box with the spoons he kept taking from the dishwasher.  I guess he was hungry.

This one happened just the other day, March 7, 2012.  Travis and I decided we really wanted to go to the movies for a little time together.  My friend graciously watched Sawyer even though it was pretty late, the movie started at 7:15 and was a two hour movie.  Anyways, when we got back Sawyer had apparently had enough playing and was tired because he had asked for his jacket and shoes to be put back on and his hat.  When we came in to get him he grabbed his diapers and wipes and went to the door like "Come on guys, it is bed time."  I felt bad because we stayed a few minutes longer but I thought it was funny that he was like okay if I get all my stuff together maybe they will take me home to sleep.

Yesterday Sawyer found a bike helmet in the garage and decided he needed to wear it.  He wanted to ride my bike but I told him it was little too big for him.  I grabbed his little scooter/walker thing, which we do call his bike.  He rode it like a scooter with his helmet.  He thought it was amazing.  He would go to the end of the driveway where the sidewalk slopes to the road and then back up and ride to it again.



When I change Sawyer's diaper it is in his room.  I then take his diaper to the sliding glass door in our room and take it to the outside garbage to avoid it sitting and stinking up my house. The other morning  I got up after changing his diaper and headed to my room, without the diaper, to make my bed since it was just a wet diaper not as necessary to take to the garbage immediately.  Next thing I know Sawyer is at my door asking to go out.  I thought, seriously child it is freezing out there you can't go out there, but then I realized he brought his diaper and wanted to deposit it in the garbage can.  He is always so helpful and so observant.

Travis got a fishing magazine in the mail last week.  Travis was pretty excited but not as excited as our little guy.  He sat on Travis lap and looked at the whole magazine with him.  He has even stolen it from Travis a few times.  I swear we have not forced fishing, hunting, and sports upon this little one, he is just all boy.

I burned my finger while making dinner a couple of weeks ago.  I bandaged it up to keep from hitting it on everything, it is amazing how often you really hit your hands on things.  Anyways, Sawyer noticed that i was wearing this band-aid.  He immediately said "owie" and headed to my bathroom where we keep the band-aids.  He kept pointing to his leg and saying "owie, owie, owie".

Travis loves to hide and scare me.  He is trying to teach Sawyer how much fun it is and how to do it.  I can usually tell where they are hiding though because Sawyer gets so excited he starts making noises or he keeps putting his finger to his lips and saying "ssshhh".  It cracks me up.

Lately Sawyer has been extremely interested in the toilet and flushing it.  Even while you are using the bathroom, yes it is true there is no privacy when you have children.  The other day he grabbed some toilet paper and wanted to wipe my bottom for me.  I just lauged, seriously kid, where do you get this stuff.  Yesterday, Travis went in to use the bathroom.  Sawyer followed him in there saying "pee, pee". Travis took off his diaper to see if we would actually go in the "Big Potty", a little early I know.  Sawyer didn't but when I put him down to put his diaper back on he went back and stood by the toilet to be just like dad.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Cute stories to always remember!!