Sunday, March 25, 2012

A Break In The Spring

Finally, Spring Break and we were headed for warmer weather or so we thought.  We started the week off by having inspections at our housing complex.  We passed but I really wasn't too worried about that, after the people who used to live in our house anything is better, or so I have been told.  
Tuesday we headed down to my sister Mariah's to meet my new niece,  Hanna.  She is so tiny and adorable. I forgot how much newborns sleep.  My nephews were so cute about their new baby sister.   Sam, the younger one, kept taking me over and proudly showing me his baby sister.  Sometimes he is fond of her but other times when he wants more attention he tells his mom she can take her back now.  That kid kills me.  
On Wednesday morning Travis decided he would brave the cold and go fishing.  Not my thing when the thermometer reads 32 degrees or lower.  Sawyer and I stayed at Mariah's to spend some time there with my Mom and the kiddos.  I dressed Sawyer in his camo shirt and Sam had to go upstairs and get his on too.  The boys and I played "Big Game Hunter" outside forever, well it seemed like it to me.  Don't get me wrong I am glad they use their imagination I just think my is way out of practice.  I love the picture below because Sawyer had to do what Sam was doing in the picture, Sam squatted in the last seconds before the picture was taken. We spent the afternoon down in Minersville.  We headed back up to Beaver for some pretty darn good Mexican food at the KanKun.  It was insanely busy and took forever but it was fun being with family.  On the way out there the boys rode with us.  We were talking with the boys about what we should name the baby.  Travis jokingly suggested we name her "Spencalina" without missing a beat Sam pipes up "That's stupid!".  I love that kid.  
Thursday we spend some time at Mariah's in the morning again.  My mom had to leave and she wanted to spend some time with us.  We headed down to Minersville again for the afternoon.  The boys had wrestles down there in the evening. I am not a big fan of wrestling, mainly because it looks like it hurts, but it is fun to watch the boys.  Spencer pinned his guy pretty quickly.  Sam on the other hand just goes in for a big bear hug until the kid falls over.  We headed over to my grandparents after the wrestling match.  
Sawyer loves going to Circleville.  Whenever we talk about Grandpa or "Poppa" he says, "Pop Horse".  He knows that at Grandma and Grandpa's he gets to help feed the horses.  In fact the first thing he wanted to do when he got up was go look at the horses.  He grabs a blanket off the back of the couch, brings it to you and repeats, "horse, horse, horse" until somebody gives in to his request which is usually Uncle Todd or Grandpa. He also has to help feed the goats that Grandpa has.  Vanessa came over on Friday.  We love when Aunt Nessa comes to visit.  It has been a long time since we have seen her.  Sawyer was a little leery of her at first. It was kind of funny but sad at the same time.  
Saturday was like a hurricane in Circleville.  I don't know where the wind came from but it was brutal.  Vanessa was hoping for a snow storm since she lives in the desert but I was okay with  just wind.  We celebrated St. Patrick's Day by going to the cafe and having corned beef and cabbage.  Well Travis did anyways while I had a delicious burger.  We took a drive later to look for deer with Sawyer.  He thought he was so big driving with us.  We watched a lot of March Madness during the weekend with Vanessa and Grandpa around.  We usually play some kind of card game and this time we played "Pounce" which I originally knew as "Nerts".  I love that game.  So intense.  
Sunday we woke up to snow.  Vanessa was happy. I was not so happy because I didn't pack close-toed shoes to wear to church.  What was I thinking?  The snow was melted by the time church was out but it was still pretty cold.  We ate a delicious lunch and rested a bit before he headed to back north.  We didn't hit too crazy of weather until we got to Sardine Canyon coming into Logan.  There was a pretty bad accident.  We made it back safe and sound though, Thank Goodness!! Thanks family for having us down for the week.  
Grandpa's right hand man



1 comment:

Brittney and Scott said...

You guys should have came down to St. George. The weather has been so warm! Looks like you guys had fun though hanging out with family. That is always so fun!!